Tips for Storm Damage Cleanup in Jersey City, NJ
ServiceMaster Metropolitan | Storm Damage Cleanup in Paramus, Wayne, and Morristown, NJ
Storms, flooding, and resulting storm damage can be disastrous for your home or business. When you are in need of storm damage cleanup in Jersey City, NJ, you may need to call a professional disaster restoration company. ServiceMaster Metropolitan will restore your home or business from storm damage and flood damage while keeping you safe in the process.
Storm Damage DOs
- Turn the water off at the source (washer, faucet, toilet, water filtration system) or at the main shut off valve.
- Eliminate the source of water if possible.
- Keep any parts replaced for your insurance company to inspect.
- If there is no risk of electrical shock, turn off circuit breakers supplying electricity to wet areas.
- Be aware that time is a crucial factor.
- Delays in loss mitigation might result in adverse health and safety effects, and additional damage to the structure and contents.
Storm Damage DONTs
- Don’t attempt to enter a flooded basement when there is standing water.
- Don’t wait more than a day to start mitigation.
- Don’t activate the HVAC system if it has been directly contacted by water.