Water Damage Restoration Tips in Jersey City, NJ
ServiceMaster Metropolitan provides water damage restoration tips for Jersey City, NJ water damage!
Water Damage Restoration DOs
- Turn water off at the source (washer, faucet, toilet, etc…) or at the main shut off valve.
- Eliminate the source of water if possible.
- If there is a risk of electrical shock, turn off circuit breakers.
- Delays in loss mitigation might result in adverse health and additional damage to the structure and contents.
Water Damage Restoration DONTs
- Don’t attempt to enter a flooded basement when there is standingwater.
- Don’t wait more than a day to start mitigation.
- Don’t activate the HVAC system if it has been directly contacted by water.
- Check electrical systems in the affected area.