Tips for Fire Restoration in Jersey City, NJ
ServiceMaster Metropolitan | Fire Restoration in Paramus, Wayne, and Morristown, NJ
Dealing with smoke damage or fire damage can be a difficult task after you experience a fire in your home or business. Hiring a professional disaster restoration company can help get your home or business back to normal and free of damage. ServiceMaster Metropolitan provides smoke damage and fire damage restoration in Jersey City, NJ and nearby communities! We hope you don't need to call us for fire restoration, but if you find yourself in need of disaster restoration, call ServiceMaster Metropolitan today!
Fire Restoration DOs
- Safely remove yourself, other people and pets from the affected areas.
- Depending on the severity of the fire and water damage, consider turning off electricity at the breaker.
- Remain nearby until the property has been secured.
Fire Restoration DONTs
- Don’t turn on any electrical equipment that may have been damaged.
- Don’t enter a room with standing water unless you have turned off the electricity.
- Don’t remove damaged goods until you have documented the fire damage.
- Don’t attempt to wash or clean any affected materials before consulting with a professional.